Viswise is a New York City-based corporation with a unique mission to both encourage Chinese Americans, Asians, and other members of the minority population to share resources and support with our communities, and to empower community members with knowledge and connections to promote positive social and economic changes.
This Terms and Conditions Agreement constitutes a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and Viswise Global (“we,” “us” or “our”), concerning your access to and use of Viswise’s official website www.viswiseglobal.com (the “Site”), as well as any other Viswise Global’s original products, courses, media channel, mobile website or mobile application related, linked, or otherwise connected thereto (collectively, the “Product”).
You agree that by accessing the Site and the Product, you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with all of these Terms and Conditions, then you are expressly prohibited from using the Site and the Product and you must discontinue use immediately.
Supplemental terms and conditions or documents that may be posted on the Site and the Product from time to time are hereby expressly incorporated herein by reference. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason.
We will alert you about any changes by updating the “Last Updated” date of these Terms and Conditions, and you waive any right to receive specific notice of each such change.
It is your responsibility to periodically review these Terms and Conditions to stay informed of updates. You will be subject to and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted, the changes in any revised Terms and Conditions by your continued use of the Site and the Product after the date such revised Terms and Conditions are posted.
The information provided on the Site and the Product are not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site and the Product from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
For users who are currently under 18 but at least 13 years of age, please review the section located at the very bottom of this agreement before signing the Terms & Conditions. All users who are minors in the jurisdiction in which they reside (generally under the age of 18) must have the permission of, and be directly supervised by, their parent or guardian to use the Site and the Product. If you are a minor, you must have your parent or guardian read and agree to these Terms and Conditions prior to you using the Site and the Product.
Unless otherwise indicated, the
Site and the Product is our proprietary property and all source code,
databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text,
photographs, and graphics on the Site and the Product (collectively, the “Content”) and the
trademarks, service marks, and logos contained therein (the “Marks”) are owned
or controlled by us or licensed to us, and are protected by copyright and
trademark laws and various other intellectual property rights and unfair
competition laws of the United States, foreign jurisdictions, and international
The Content and the Marks are
provided on the Site and the Product “AS IS” for your information and personal
use only. Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part
of the Site and the Product and no Content or Marks may be copied, reproduced,
aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded,
translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited
for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written
Provided that you are eligible to
use the Site and the Product, you are granted a limited license to access and
use the Site and the Product and to download or print a copy of any portion of the
Content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal,
non-commercial use. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and
to the Site and the Product, the Content, and the Marks.
By using the Site and the
Product, you represent and warrant that:
- all registration information you enter
and submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete;
- you will maintain the accuracy of such
information and promptly update such registration information as
- you have the legal capacity and you
agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions;
- you are not currently under the age of
- not a minor in the jurisdiction in which
you reside (or if you’re a minor, you have reviewed the last section of
this agreement and received parental permission to use the Site and the
- you will not access the Site and the
Product through automated or non-human means, whether through a bot,
script, or otherwise;
- you will not use the Site and the
Product for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
- your use of the Site and the Product
will not violate any applicable law or regulation.
If you provide any information
that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, we have the right to
suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use
of the Site and the Product (or any portion thereof).
You may be required to register
with the Site and the Product. You agree to keep your password confidential and
will be responsible for all use of your account and password. We reserve the
right to remove, reclaim, or change a username you select if we determine, in
our sole discretion, that such username is inappropriate, obscene, or otherwise
You may not access or use the Site and the Product for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site and the Product available. the Site and the Product may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site and the Product, you agree not to:
1. systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site and the Product to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us;
2. make any unauthorized use of the Site and the Product, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses;
3. use a buying agent or purchasing agent to make purchases on the Site and the Product;
4. use the Site and the Product to advertise or offer to sell goods and services;
5. circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site and the Product, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and the Product and/or the Content contained therein;
6. engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site and the Product;
7. trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords;
8. make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct;
9. engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools;
10. interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site and the Product or the networks or services connected to the Site and the Product;
11. attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user;
12. sell or otherwise transfer your profile;
13. use any information obtained from the Site and the Product in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
14. use the Site and the Product as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and the Product and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise;
15. decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site and the Product;
16. attempt to bypass any measures of the Site and the Product designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site and the Product, or any portion of the Site and the Product;
17. harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site and the Product to you;
18. delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content;
20. upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site and the Product or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site and the Product;
21. upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “PCM”);
22. except as may be the result of a standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site and the Product, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software;
23. disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site and the Product.
By acknowledging these Terms & Conditions, you hereby agree to use the Site and the Product in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
The Site and the Product may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site and the Product, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”).
Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and the Product and through third-party websites. As such, any Contributions you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make available any Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
1. the creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party;
2. you are the creator and owner of or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, releases, and permissions to use and to authorize us, the Site and the Product, and other users of the Site and the Product to use your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and the Product and these Terms and Conditions;
3. you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in your Contributions to use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of your Contributions in any manner contemplated by the Site and the Product and these Terms and Conditions;
4. your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading;
5. your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation;
6. your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us);
7. your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone;
8. your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another;
9. your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule;
10. your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
11. your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner;
12. your Contributions do not violate any federal or state law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
13. your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, or physical handicap;
14. your Contributions do not otherwise violate or link to material that violates any provision of these Terms and Conditions, or any applicable law or regulation.
By posting your Contributions to any part of Viswise’s platforms, or making Contributions accessible to Viswise by linking your account from the Site and the Product to any of your social networking accounts, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to us an unrestricted, unlimited, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully-paid, worldwide right, and license to host, use, copy, reproduce, disclose, sell, resell, publish, broadcast, retitle, archive, store, cache, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, transmit, excerpt (in whole or in part), and distribute such Contributions (including, without limitation, your image and voice) for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Contributions, and grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing. The use and distribution may occur in any media formats and through any media channels.
This license will apply to any form, media, or technology now known or hereafter developed, and includes our use of your name, company name, and franchise name, as applicable, and any of the trademarks, service marks, trade names, logos, and personal and commercial images you provide. You waive all moral rights in your Contributions, and you warrant that moral rights have not otherwise been asserted in your Contributions.
We do not assert any ownership over your Contributions. You retain full ownership of all of your Contributions and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your Contributions. We are not liable for any statements or representations in your Contributions provided by you in any area on the Site and the Product.
You are solely responsible for your Contributions to the Site and the Product and you expressly agree to exonerate us from any and all responsibility and to refrain from any legal action against us regarding your Contributions.
Viswise reserves the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, (1) to edit, redact, or otherwise change any Contributions; (2) to re-categorize any Contributions to place them in more appropriate locations on the Site and the Product; and (3) to pre-screen or delete any Contributions at any time and for any reason, without notice. We have no obligation to monitor your Contributions.
We may provide you areas on the Site and the Product to leave reviews or ratings. When posting a review, you must comply with the following criteria:
(1) you should have firsthand experience with the person/entity being reviewed;
(2) your reviews should not contain offensive profanity, or abusive, racist, offensive, or hate language;
(3) your reviews should not contain discriminatory references based on religion, race, gender, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability;
(4) your reviews should not contain references to illegal activity;
(5) you should not be affiliated with competitors if posting negative reviews;
(6) you should not make any conclusions as to the legality of conduct;
(7) you may not post any false or misleading statements;
(8) you may not organize a campaign encouraging others to post reviews, whether positive or negative.
We may accept, reject, or remove reviews at our sole discretion. We have absolutely no obligation to screen reviews or to delete reviews, even if anyone considers reviews objectionable or inaccurate. Reviews are not endorsed by Viswise and do not necessarily represent our opinions or the views of any of our affiliates or partners.
Viswise does not assume liability for any review or for any claims, liabilities, or losses resulting from any review. By posting a review, you hereby grant to us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, fully-paid, assignable, and sublicensable right and license to reproduce, modify, translate, transmit by any means, display, perform, and/or distribute all content relating to reviews.
As part of the functionality of the Site and the Product, you may link your account with online accounts you have with third-party service providers (each such account, a “Third-Party Account”) by either: (1) providing your Third-Party Account login information through the Site and the Product; or (2) allowing us to access your Third-Party Account, as is permitted under the applicable terms and conditions that govern your use of each Third-Party Account.
You represent and warrant that you are entitled to disclose your Third-Party Account login information to us and/or grant us access to your Third-Party Account, without breach by you of any of the terms and conditions that govern your use of the applicable Third-Party Account, and without obligating us to pay any fees or making us subject to any usage limitations imposed by the third-party service provider of the Third-Party Account.
By granting us access to any Third-Party Accounts, you understand that (1) we may access, make available, and store (if applicable) any content that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account (the “Social Network Content”) so that it is available on and through the Site and the Product via your account, including without limitation any friend lists and (2) we may submit to and receive from your Third-Party Account additional information to the extent you are notified when you link your account with the Third-Party Account.
Depending on the Third-Party Accounts you choose and subject to the privacy settings that you have set in such Third-Party Accounts, personally identifiable information that you post to your Third-Party Accounts may be available on and through your account on the Site and the Product.
Please note that if a Third-Party Account or associated service becomes unavailable or our access to such Third-Party Account is terminated by the third-party service provider, the specific Social Network Content may no longer be available on and through the Site and the Product. You will have the ability to disable the connection between your account on the Site and the Product and your Third-Party Accounts at any time.
**Disclaimer: Please note that your relationship with the third-party service providers associated with your third-party accounts is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such third-party service providers.
Viswise makes no effort to review any Social Network Content for any purpose, including but not limited to, for accuracy, legality, or non-infringement, and we are not responsible for any Social Network Content.
You acknowledge and agree that we may access your email address book associated with a Third-Party Account and your contacts list stored on your mobile device or tablet computer solely for purposes of identifying and informing you of those contacts who have also registered to use the Site and the Product.
You can deactivate the connection between the Site and the Product and your Third-Party Account by contacting us using the contact information below or through your account settings (if applicable). We will attempt to delete any information stored on our servers that was obtained through such Third-Party Account, except the username and profile picture that becomes associated with your account.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site and the Product (“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential and shall become our sole property. We shall own exclusive rights, including all intellectual property rights, and shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise, without acknowledgment or compensation to you.
You hereby waive all moral rights to any such Submissions, and you hereby warrant that any such Submissions are original with you or that you have the right to submit such Submissions. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
The Site and the Product may contain (or you may be sent via the Site and the Product) links to other websites (“Third-Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, applications, software, and other content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third-Party Content”).
Such Third-Party Websites and Third-Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third-Party Websites accessed through the Site and the Product or any Third-Party Content posted on, available through, or installed from the Site and the Product, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices, or other policies of or contained in the Third-Party Websites or the Third-Party Content.
Inclusion of, linking to, or permitting the use or installation of any Third-Party Websites or any Third-Party Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by us. If you decide to leave the Site and the Product and access the Third-Party Websites or to use or install any Third-Party Content, you do so at your own risk, and you should be aware of these Terms and Conditions no longer govern.
You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any website to which you navigate from the Site and the Product or relating to any applications you use or install from the Site and the Product. Any purchases you make through Third-Party Websites will be through other websites and from other companies, and we take no responsibility whatsoever in relation to such purchases which are exclusively between you and the applicable third party.
You agree and acknowledge that we do not endorse the products or services offered on Third-Party Websites and you shall hold us harmless from any harm caused by your purchase of such products or services. Additionally, you shall hold us harmless from any losses sustained by you or harm caused to you relating to or resulting in any way from any Third-Party Content or any contact with Third-Party Websites.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site and the Product, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and the Product and any services provided on the Site and the Product or products sold through those advertisements.
Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site and the Product, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights.
**For Advertisers and Patrons ONLY: As an advertiser, you agree that such advertisements are subject to our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notice and Policy provisions as described below, and you understand and agree there will be no refund or other compensation for DMCA takedown-related issues. We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
As the entity that runs and manages the Site and the Product, Viswise reserves the right, but not the obligation, to:
(1) monitor the Site and the Product for violations of these Terms and Conditions;
(2) take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our sole discretion, violates the law or these Terms and Conditions, including without limitation, reporting such user to law enforcement authorities;
(3) in our sole discretion and without limitation, refuse, restrict access to, limit the availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your Contributions or any portion thereof;
(4) in our sole discretion and without limitation, notice, or liability, to remove from the Site and the Product or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way burdensome to our systems;
(5) otherwise, manage the Site and the Product in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the Site and the Product.
If you access the Site and the Product from the European Union, Asia, or any other region of the world with laws or other requirements governing personal data collection, use, or disclosure that differ from applicable laws in the United States, then through your continued use of the Site and the Product, you are transferring your data to the United States, and you expressly consent to have your data transferred to and processed in the United States.
Furthermore, we do not knowingly accept, request, or solicit information from children or knowingly market to children. Therefore, in accordance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, if we receive actual knowledge that anyone under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from the Site and the Product as quickly as is reasonably practical.
Viswise firmly supports and respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site and the Product infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify our Designated Copyright Agent using the contact information provided below (a “Notification”).
A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification. Please be advised that pursuant to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the Site and the Product infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
All Notifications should meet the requirements of DMCA 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) and include the following information:
(1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
(2) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Site and the Product are covered by the Notification, a representative list of such works on the Site and the Product ;
(3) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
(4) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
(5) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(6) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed upon.
If you believe your own copyrighted material has been removed from the Site and the Product as a result of a mistake or misidentification, you may submit a written counter-notification to any of Viswise’s affiliated members, using the contact information found on www.viswiseglobal.com
To be an effective Counter Notification under the DMCA, your Counter Notification must include substantially the following:
(1) identification of the material that has been removed or disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
(2) a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court in which your address is located, or if your address is outside the United States, for any judicial district in which we are located;
(3) a statement that you will accept service of process from the party that filed the Notification or the party’s agent;
(4) your name, address, and telephone number;
(5) a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material in question was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
(6) your physical or electronic signature.
If you send us a valid, written Counter Notification meeting the requirements described above, we will restore your removed or disabled material, unless we first receive notice from the party filing the Notification informing us that such party has filed a court action to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity related to the material in question.
Please note that if you materially misrepresent that the disabled or removed content was removed by mistake or misidentification, you may be liable for damages, including costs and attorney’s fees. Filing a false Counter Notification constitutes perjury.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that any material available on or through the Site and the Product infringes upon any copyright you own or control, please immediately notify us using the contact information provided below (a “Notification”). A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person who posted or stored the material addressed in the Notification.
Please be advised that pursuant to federal law you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure that material located on or linked to by the Site and the Product infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
These Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Site and the Product.
Without limiting any other provision of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to, in our sole discretion and without notice or liability, deny access to and use of the Site and the Product (including blocking certain IP addresses), to any person for any reason or for no reason, including without limitation for breach of any representation, warranty, or covenant contained in these Terms and Conditions or of any applicable law or regulation. We may terminate your use or participation in the Site and the Product or delete any content or information that you posted at any time, without warning, in our sole discretion.
If we terminate or suspend your account for any reason, you are prohibited from registering and creating a new account under your name, a fake or borrowed name, or the name of any third party, even if you may be acting on behalf of the third party.
In addition to terminating or suspending your account, we reserve the right to take appropriate legal action, including without limitation pursuing civil, criminal, and injunctive redress.
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the Site and the Product at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. However, we have no obligation to update any information on our Site. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Site and the Product without notice at any time.
We will not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, price change, suspension, or discontinuance of the Site and the Product.
We cannot guarantee the Site and the Product will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the Site and the Product, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors.
We reserve the right to change, revise, update, suspend, discontinue, or otherwise modify the Site and the Product at any time or for any reason without notice to you. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site and the Product during any downtime or discontinuance of the Site and the Product.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will be construed to obligate us to maintain and support the Site and the Product or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases in connection therewith.
These Terms and Conditions and
your use of the Site and the Product are governed by and construed in
accordance with the laws of the State of New York applicable to agreements made
and to be entirely performed within the State of New York, without regard to its
conflict of law principles.
Viswise offers three options when it comes to resolving disputes with any of our Clients, Users, affiliated members, etc.
Option 1: Any legal action of whatever nature brought by either you or us (collectively, the “Parties” and individually, a “Party”) shall be commenced or prosecuted in the state and federal courts located in New York City, New York, and the Parties hereby consent to and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts.
Application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) are excluded from these Terms and Conditions. In no event shall any claim, action, or proceeding brought by either Party related in any way to the Site and the Product be commenced more than five years after the cause of action arose.
Option 2: Informal Negotiations
To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy, or claim related to these Terms and Conditions (each a “Dispute” and collectively, the “Disputes”) brought by either you or us (individually, a “Party” and collectively, the “Parties”), the Parties agree to first attempt to negotiate any Dispute (except those Disputes expressly provided below) informally for at least 90 days before initiating the arbitration. Such informal negotiations commence upon written notice from one Party to the other Party.
Option 3: Binding Arbitration
To expedite resolution and control the cost of any dispute, controversy or claim related to these Terms and Conditions (each a “Dispute” and collectively, “Disputes”), any Dispute brought by either you or us (individually, a “Party” and collectively, the “Parties”) shall be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration.
If the Parties are unable to resolve a Dispute through informal negotiations, the Dispute (except those Disputes expressly excluded below) will be finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration.
You understand that without this provision, you would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. The arbitration shall be commenced and conducted under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and, where appropriate, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes (“AAA Consumer Rules”), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org.
Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Consumer Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. If such costs are determined by the arbitrator to be excessive, Viswise will pay all arbitration fees and expenses.
The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone, or online. The arbitrator will make a decision in writing, but need not provide a statement of reasons unless requested by either Party.
The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. Except where otherwise required by the applicable AAA rules or applicable law, the arbitration will take place in New York City, New York.
Except as otherwise provided herein, the Parties may litigate in court to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate, or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
If for any reason, a Dispute proceeds in court rather than arbitration, the Dispute shall be commenced or prosecuted in the state and federal courts located in New York City, New York, and the Parties hereby consent to and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction, and forum non conveniens with respect to venue and jurisdiction in such state and federal courts.
Application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the Uniform Computer Information Transaction Act (UCITA) are excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
In no event shall any Dispute brought by either Party related in any way to the Site and the Product be commenced more than five years after the cause of action arose. If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable, and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable, and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
The Parties agree that any arbitration shall be limited to the Dispute between the Parties individually. To the full extent permitted by law, (a) no arbitration shall be joined with any other proceeding; (b) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be arbitrated on a class-action basis or to utilize class action procedures, and (c) there is no right or authority for any Dispute to be brought in a purported representative capacity on behalf of the general public or any other persons.
The Parties agree that the following Disputes are not subject to the above provisions concerning informal negotiations and binding arbitration: (a) any Disputes seeking to enforce or protect, or concerning the validity of, any of the intellectual property rights of a Party; (b) any Dispute related to or arising from, allegations of theft, piracy, invasion of privacy, or unauthorized use; and (c) any claim for injunctive relief.
If this provision is found to be illegal or unenforceable, then neither Party will elect to arbitrate any Dispute falling within that portion of this provision found to be illegal or unenforceable, and such Dispute shall be decided by a court of competent jurisdiction within the courts listed for jurisdiction above, and the Parties agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court.
There may be information on the
Site and the Product that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or
omissions that may relate to the Site and the Product, including descriptions,
pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to
correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the
information on the Site and the Product at any time, without prior notice.
The Site and the Product are provided on an as-is and as-available basis. You agree that your use of the Site and the Product, and our services, will be at your sole risk. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, in connection with the Site and the Product and use thereof, including, without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of the Site’s content or the content of any websites or products linked to the Site and the Product, and we will assume no liability or responsibility for any: (1) errors, mistakes or inaccuracies of content and materials; (2) personal injury or property damage, of any nature whatsoever, resulting from your access to and use of the Site and the Product; (3) any unauthorized access to or use of our secure servers and/or any and all personal information and/or financial information stored therein; (4) any interruption or cessation of transmission to or from the Site and the Product; (5) any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like which may be transmitted to or through the Site and the Product by any third party, and/or; (6) any errors or omissions in any content and material or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the Site and the product. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for any product or service advertised or offered by a third party through the Site and the Product, any hyperlinked website, any service, or any website or mobile application featured in any banner or other advertising, and we will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and any third-party providers of products or services.
As with the purchase of the Product or Service through any medium or in any environment, you should use your best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
In no event will we or our directors, board members, employees, interns, or volunteers be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the Site and the Product, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.In no event will we or our directors, board members, employees, interns, or volunteers be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the Site and the Product, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.In no event will we or our directors, board members, employees, interns, or volunteers be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential, exemplary, incidental, special, or punitive damages, including lost profit, lost revenue, loss of data, or other damages arising from your use of the Site and the Product, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, including our subsidiaries, affiliates, and all of our respective officers, agents, partners, and employees, from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses, made by any third party due to or arising out of: (1) your Contributions to the Site and the Product; (2) use of the Site and the Product; (3) breach of these Terms and Conditions; (4) any breach of your representations and warranties set forth in these Terms and Conditions; (5) your violation of the rights of a third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights; or (6) any overt harmful act toward any other user of the Site and the Product with whom you connected via the Site and the Product.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate, at your expense, with our defense of such claims. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action, or proceeding which is subject to this indemnification upon becoming aware of it.
We will maintain certain data that you transmit to the Site for the purpose of managing the Site, as well as data relating to your use of the Site. Although we perform regular routine backups of data, you are solely responsible for all data that you transmit or that relates to any activity you have undertaken using the Site.
You agree that we shall have no liability to you for any loss or corruption of any such data, and you hereby waive any right of action against us arising from any such loss or corruption of such data.
Visiting the Site, using the Product, sending us emails, and completing online forms constitute electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications, and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications we provide to you electronically, via email, and on the Site, satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing.
You hereby agree to the use of electronic signatures, contracts, orders, and other records, and to electronic delivery of notices, policies, and records of transactions initiated or completed by us or via the Site and the Product.
You hereby waive any rights or requirements under any statutes, regulations, rules, ordinances, or other laws in any jurisdiction which require an original signature or delivery or retention of non-electronic records, or to payments or the granting of credits by any means other than electronic means.
If any complaint with us is not satisfactorily resolved, you can contact the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, California 95834 or by telephone at (800) 952-5210 or (916) 445-1254.
These Terms and Conditions and any policies or operating rules posted by us on the Site constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and us. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms and Conditions operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. We may assign any or all of our rights and obligations to others at any time. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, delay, or failure to act caused by any cause beyond our reasonable control.
If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms and Conditions and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
There is no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship created between you and us as a result of these Terms and Conditions or use of the Site. You agree that these Terms and Conditions will not be construed against us by virtue of having drafted them.
You hereby waive any and all defenses you may have based on the electronic form of these Terms and Conditions and the lack of signing by the parties hereto to execute these Terms and Conditions.